Feast (Food by EAST) presents an afternoon tea inspired by tea of terre d’Oc, an organic brand from Provence in France, created from near and far gardens of the world. ‘Le Thé de l’hospitalité’ set will enchant guests this autumn by taking them down the ‘tea way’ to discover the original organic teas.
‘Le Thé de l’hospitalité’ Afternoon Tea by terre d’Oc is available from 1 September to 31 October 2015, guests can enjoy a set that captures the exotic flavours of terre d’Oc organic tea. Accompanied by a choice of unique terre d’Oc organic tea or coffee.
- Tea Smoked Duck Breast Tasting Salad – almost barbecue like smokey flavour, the salad cup is complemented with watermelon and pomegranate which freshened up the taste!
- Tea Smoked Salmon Finger Sandwiches – a stronger version of any other smoked salmon sandwiches, the tea actually enhanced the freshness of the salmon slices
- Marbled Tea Egg Finger Sandwiches – one of my favourites among the savory canapes, it probably was Chinese inspired but the smoked tea was a lot more fragrant than the Chinese one!
- Puff Pastry Tarts – typical and wonderful
- Mini Fruit Scones with Clotted Cream and Tiptree English Jam – the scones at The East Hotel are always up to par. Do you put jam first or clotted cream first? #howtoeatscone
- Vanilla and Caramel Black British Tea Cupcakes – a pretty subtle tea flavoured cupcake which was not too overwhelmingly sweet
- Almond Green Tea Macaroon – crispy on the outside and soft and sweet in the inside, there is never too much macaroon in my dictionary
- Cinnamon Sri Lanka Black Tea Panna Cotta – one of my favourites sweet desserts as it is silkily smooth and rich in the taste of black tea
The tea selection rotates each month:
- Classic Orange Blossom White Tea
- Apricot Pistachio Gourmet Green Tea
- Salted Butter Caramel Gourmet Black Tea
- Macaroon Almond Gourmet Green Tea
- Peach, Verbena, Blood Orange Herbal Tea
- Apricot, Linden Flowers, Strawberry Herbal
I have tried the sweetest Macaroon Almond Gourmet Green Tea, I couldn’t imagine the almond nutty taste could go well with the sweet macaroon! The tea comes with a
The afternoon tea set is available from Monday to Friday, except public holidays, 3pm – 5:30pm, and is priced at HK$238 for two and an additional HK$165 for an extra person, with 10% service charge. Guests will receive selected tea bags and a gift card from terre d’Oc on a first come, first served basis.
More information about terre d’Oc ‘Le Thé de l’hospitalité’
terre d’Oc has collected high quality organic tea leaves and inspiration for further process in France. Hospitality tea is an exceptional beverage with rare flavours and medicinal and spiritual properties, while gourmet tea takes you on a visit round the gardens of the world through the blend of unique appetizing flavours and aromas from dried fruits, essential oil and fragrance. Guests can also choose 100% caffeine free and sophisticated herbal tea containing fruits, flavours and aromatic plants that comforts, hydrates, soothes and balances.
Feast (Food by EAST)
Address: 29 Taikoo Shing Road, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 3968 3968