My HP laptop comes up with MS Office 2007 but then I uninstalled it because it’s annoying. After I while, I uninstalled 2003 also and reinstall 2007 again.
I had this Excel shuts down problem since I installed it. It just shuts down once you are trying to open an excel file or open excel from the start menu. (safe mode works fine as usual)
Someone said it’s because of the HP problems. In fact it’s all about the bluetooth add-in. All you need to do is to deactivate it.
- As you can open Excel properly, you have to use “Safe Mode”
If you are using vista and MS 07, type this in “start search” C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Excel /s
(Remember to add /s at the end, and if you are using other versions, simply change the file path, I bet you can understand what I mean)
- Then click the top left “Office Button”
- Choose Excel Options at the bottom
- Choose Add-ins on the left column
- Choose “COM Add-ins” at the Manage list, click GO
- Uncheck “Send to Bluetooth” box
After these 6 steps, you should be able to open Excel.exe or excel files properly. It’s quick and easy, you don’t even have to change the registry. Enjoy!
TtT – Kelly